**ARTICLE BY JOSH LONGSTRETH**
DOUBLE DRIBBLE: BOYS BASKETBALL RECAP 3/5/2023
- Big Rapids rolled past Kent City, 61-46.
- East Grand Rapids defeated Lowell, 61-50.
- Grand Haven knocked off St. Joseph, 65-57. This one was tight throughout as Grand Haven held just a 35-26 lead at the half. The Bucs improve to 17-5 on the season. They’ll open district against a solid Coopersville team on Monday at 7:00.
- Grandville beat Thornapple Kellogg, 71-47. Tyson Mann was big on the night for the Bulldogs with 17 points. Cam Regnerus added 13 points. Logan Stoep-Stockwell helped with 11 points.
- Muskegon knocked off a very good Kalamazoo Central team, 67-60. Jordan Briggs had a big night for the Big Reds with 25 points. Terrance Davis had a solid night with 17 points. Central was led by Hutch Ward with 16 points. Terrance Jones added 15 points. JP Spybrook finished with 14 points. This one was tight throughout as Central had a 27-23 advantage at the half.
- Otsego pulled out a tough battle over Coldwater, 43-38. Blake Marks led the Bulldogs with 11 points.
- Rockford defeated Reeths-Puffer, 64-51. The Rams improve to 15-7 as they get set for their district opener on Monday in Rockford where they will take on Cedar Springs at 7:00.
- South Christian picked up a win over East Kentwood in a battle of conference champions, defeating the Falcons 64-48. Jake Vermaas (23 points, 8 rebounds) and Jake DeHaan (21 points, 9 rebounds) led the way for the Sailors. Carson Vis added 13 for South who improves to 19-3 heading into Districts. Marshaun Flakes paced East Kentwood with 16 points. Christian Humphrey-Rembert added 11. Darryl Thompkins finished with 10. The Falcons sit at 16-6 heading into District play.
- Big Rapids won the CSSA Conference Tournament by defeating Newaygo, 60-45. The Cardinals open Districts with a tough matchup in Ludington on Monday.
- Frankenmuth lost to a solid Goodrich team, 52-65. The Eagles were led by Carson Knoll with 15 points. Travis Brenner pitched in 13 points and 5 assists. Frankenmuth will open District play on Monday in Caro where they will take on Clio at 7:00.
- Fremont picked up a win over Manistee, 55-40. Jordon McDonald was the story in this one as he picked up his 1,000th career point by leading the Packers with 26 points on the night. McDonald has now averaged 20 points per game for two seasons in a row. He shot 12 of 15 from the field in the game and would add 5 rebounds along with 3 steals. Chaz Miller helped with 8 points, 9 assists and 3 steals. Gavin Richards added 8 points and 8 rebounds.
- Grandville is getting hot at the right time as they defeat Byron Center, 50-46. Cam Regnerus (20 points) and Tyson Mann (15 points) led the Bulldogs. They open up District play against Holland on Monday at 7:00 in Holland.
- Hackett Catholic Prep closed out the regular season with a win over Berrien Springs, 47-36. The Irish are hot right now as they head into District play on a 7-game winning streak and sport a 16-6 record.
- Hart would cap off an undefeated season by defeating Holton, 68-16. The Pirates got off to a quick start in this one as they held a 40-9 advantage heading into the half. Parker Hovey had a big night for the Pirates with 17 points. Diego Escamilla added12 points. Caleb Ackley finished with 10.
- Loy Norrix picked up a win over St. Joseph, 52-47. Drayon Anderson (13 points), Freshman Taveon Vaughn (11 points) and Devin Knight (10 points) led the Knights. They finish the regular season at 10-11 and will open up Districts against Mattawan on Monday at 7:00.
- Mona Shores picked up a 65-49 win over Cedar Springs. Jordan Bledsoe had a big night to lead the Sailors with 24 points and 4 steals. Ryan Opsommer was big with 16 points and 3 steals. Mona Shores will gain some confidence heading into their matchup with Grand Rapids Union on Monday. The district opener is slated for a 6:00 start.
- Montague fell in a district tune-up to Oakridge, 43-44. Owen Raeth paced the Wildcats with 15 points and 8 rebounds. Kade Johnson (8 points, 7 rebounds) and Rodney Brassfield (8 points, 11 rebounds) helped the Montague effort.
- Otsego won their 6th straight Wolverine Conference Championship, knocking off Vicksburg 81-38. Samuel Bronkema led the Bulldogs with 25 points on the night. Cooper Smalldon was big with 16. Carsen Miller added 14.
- Reeths-Puffer would pull out a win over a very good Hudsonville team, 59-49. Travis Ambrose had a monster night to lead the Rockets with 25 points, 15 rebounds and 5 blocks. Jaxson Whitaker helped with 18 points and 5 rebounds.
- Wayland picked up a solid win over West Michigan Aviation, 52-49. Brett Bultsma was big for the Wildcats with 15 points on the night. Kaharrie Pureifoy added 14. Dustin Loomans pitched in 11. Ethan Dyksterhous (18 points) and Luke Riebel (16 points) paced the Aviators.
- Whitehall cruised past Orchard View, 70-57. Camden Thompson led the way for the Vikings with 26 points, 20 rebounds, 6 assists and 3 blocks. Trannon Aylor added 14 points. Whitehall heads into Districts playing some of their best basketball of the season.