**Article by Josh Longstreth**
**Photo Credit: Lou Murray**
- North Muskegon flew past Western Michigan Christian, 76-45. James Young had a big night for the Norse with 22 points, and 6 rebounds. Troy McManus added 17 points, 5 assists, and 3 steals while Sam Gallo had 12 points and 6 rebounds. The Norseman were able to jump out early led by a barrage of three-pointers to cruise in this one.
- Frankenmuth was able to pull out a defensive battle over Swartz Creek in overtime, 40-36. The Eagles struggled mightily from the floor in the first half but their defense kept them in it until the offense picked things up in the second half. Frankenmuth was able to force Swartz Creek into 31 turnovers on the night. Aidan Hoard led the Eagles with 17 points in the game. Quandre Wright led the Dragons with 15 points.
- Grant defeated Holton, 59-20. The Tigers were really able to control the game throughout and were led by Oakley Obernauf with 13 points and Austin Whitney with 10 points.
- Hopkins bested Kent City by a score of 50-42. Kent City would battle some adversity for much of the night added Eagles head coach David Ingles, “We battled a lot of foul trouble for much of the night, and then had a pretty significant injury. We battled back to tie it late in the third quarter and then we had the injury to Will Harison and that kind of stopped our momentum”.
- Kenowa Hills improved to 3-0 on the season with a win over Greenville, 62-50. Javion Otten led the way for the Knights with 26 points and Sutton Tutas added 17 points.
- Mattawan grabs their fourth win in as many tries over Loy Norrix, 69-57. Noah Vanlaningham (20) and Ryan Kiesling (16) both finished in double figures for the Wildcats. Cedric Huntley (18) and Devin Knight (10) led the way for the Knights.
- Montague defeated Fruitport, 47-39. Isaiah Atchison (15 points, 12 rebounds) and Owen Raeth (10 points, 5 rebounds, 6 steals) led the way for the Wildcats. Montague head coach Brian Osborne was beyond happy with his teams performance adding, “Very happy to come out with a win in a hard fought, physical contest. Fruitport came ready to play and gave us a tough battle”.
- Muskegon Catholic Central were defeated by NorthPointe Christian, 41-77. The Crusaders were able to keep the game close through much of the first half before the Mustangs caught fire in the 3rd quarter. Braden Gustin put together a solid performance for MCC with 18 points, and 5 rebounds. Bryan Convertini played well with 10 points, and 6 rebounds on the night. The Crusaders were missing a big part of their team in senior Chase Willer who missed the game with an illness.
- South Christian grabbed a 78-60 win over Wyoming. Sophomore Carson Vis poured in 28 points on the night.
- Whitehall dropped their game to Sparta, 68-81. Whitehall had their chances and dominated on the boards but it just wouldn’t be enough. Camden Thompson (19 points, 12 rebounds, 5 steals, 2 blocks) had himself a solid all-around game for the Vikings. Kal Koehler pitched in 13 points, and 6 rebounds. Jack Houtteman added 10 points and 2 steals. Spartas Jax Wilson was hard to contain as he would go off for 44 points in the contest. The Spartan offense shot lights out from all levels en route to the victory.
- Kalamazoo Phoenix defeated Eau Claire, 76-57. Cameron Lewis-Atkins (27), Jhy’meir Wilkins (14), and Kahare Hinton (13) all topped double digits for Phoenix. Karmelo Taylor (24) and Landon Baskin (21) led the way for Eau Claire.
- Loy Norrix defeated Portage Northern in what would be an exciting game, 57-54. The Knights were led by Cedric Huntley who scored 22 points and Devin Knight who pitched in 12. Loy Norrix moves to 2-1 on the young season.
- Mason County Central defeated Holton, 52-30. Will Chye led the Spartans with 31 points. Carter Brant led the way for the Red Devils. Holton head coach Keith Swanson was impressed with MCC but knows his team will build on this one, “They really presented a lot of challenges for us. Despite the loss, I was very happy with the way our guys persevered. We will take plenty of positives from tonight.
- Mattawan defeated Portage Central, 66-56. Connor Walsh led the Wildcats with 19 points and Noah Vanlaningham finished with 17. Noah Swope led the Mustangs with 16 points and Nate Long added 15.
- North Muskegon soared to victory over Hesperia, 60-15. James Young put together another solid game for the Norse by putting up 11 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, and 5 steals on the night. The Norsemen improve to 3-1 (1-1 in conference play), and will travel to Shelby to take on the Tigers on Tuesday night.
- Oakridge dropped their game to Ludington, 94-68. The Orioles now sit at 4-0 on the season. The Eagles will drop to 2-2.
- Ravenna grabbed a conference win over Shelby, 61-41. The offense was able to stay balanced as they had 23 assists on the night as a team. The Bulldogs were able to create some offense with their defense as well by grabbing 20 points behind 12 steals on the night. Wyatt Young led the Bulldogs in scoring with 14 points. Carter Schullo pitched in 10 points, and 4 steals.
- Whitehall picked up a win over Montague, 58-48. The Vikings trailed at the half but were able to put together a great 2nd half on the offensive end. Kal Koehler had a monster game for his team with 26 points, 7 rebounds, and 2 steals. Camden Thompson put together a solid effort with 14 points, and 10 rebounds. Braeden Johnston (12 points, 8 rebounds), and Paul Olson (10 points) led the way for Montague.
- Caledonia took down Middleville 73-61. Jaiden Googins and Elijah Holt each scored 14 for Caledonia. Maddox Greenfield added 13 for the victors. Kyle VanHaitsma paced the Trojans with 13 points in defeat.
- Calvin Christian picked up a win over Covenant Christian, 73-62. Carson DeHaan had 30 points for the Squires, and Jack Agema added 25. Isaac Kuperus and Jonny Kuiper each had 15 points for Covenant.
- East Grand Rapids grabbed their first win of the season 67-34 over West Catholic. Carson Thornton led the winning team with 18 points. Simon Neuhaus added 17 points and 8 rebounds. Will Tewinkle pitched in 10 points. The Pioneers will face Forest Hills Eastern on Monday.
- East Kentwood opened their season with a 72-60 win over Forest Hills Central. Jah Hatchett had 27 points for the Falcons while Marshaun Flakes finished with 10 points and 7 rebounds.
- Frankenmuth would drop a tough one to Bridgeport, 42-43. Led by their defense all night, the Eagles were able to come up with some big shots late to have a lead late. The Bearcats would come back with just under 14 seconds remaining to take the lead. Frankenmuth would get an open look on their next possession but the shot wouldn’t go. Aidan Hoard led the Eagles with 18 points, 7 rebounds, and 3 steals. Riley Hubbard pitched in 11 points. Bridgeport was led by De’Terrion Winters with 10 points.
- Fruitport defeated Western Michigan Christian, 73-39. Bode Anspach put up a career-high 32 points for the Trojans in the win.
- Grand Rapids Christian defeated Grand Rapids Catholic Central in a tight ball game, 58-50. The Eagles were led by Dono Thomas (17 points) and Jalen Ouwinga (13 points). Kaden Brown (26 points) and Durral Brooks (17 points) both had solid nights for Catholic Central.
- Grandville defeated Lowell, 75-63. Tyson Mann led the way for the Bulldogs with 23 points on the night. Cam Regnerus had a heck of an all around night with 17 points and 10 rebounds. Quinton Hendrickson added 12 for Grandville. The Bulldogs will take on West Catholic on Tuesday.
- Hamilton defeated West Ottawa, 71-56. The Hawkeyes were led by Justin McIlwain who finished with 18 points. John Beetham finished with 18 points for the Panthers.
- Hart would defeat Big Rapids in a game that offensive gurus would love, 92-84. The Pirates would grab a big lead early before the Cardinals would make a run to get right back into the game before the half. The two would be back and fourth throughout until Hart was able to pull away late. Parker Hovey had an incredible night posting a triple-double with 29 points, 15 rebounds, and 11 assists. Blake Weirech came up big on the night to help out with 27 points, and 11 rebounds. Wyatt Dean pitched in with 16 points, 8 assists, and 6 steals. Diego Escamilla had 13 points for the Pirates. Big Rapids was led by a monster performance by Dawson Dunn who put up 37 points on the night which included an unbelievable 9 three-pointers.
- Kalamazoo Central moves to 3-0 on the season after picking up a road win over Gull Lake, 64-43. Hutch Ward finished with 18 points. Terrence Jones and JP Spybrook each scored in double figures.
- Kenowa Hills grabbed a win over Mona Shores, 65-46. Mona Shores would come into the game missing several players due to injury or illness. They would battle but the Knights would get off and running early in the first half hitting 7 of 9 from the three-point line. Sophomore Jordan Bledsoe led the way for the Sailers with 15 points. Javion Otten came up big with 19 points to lead the Knights.
- Muskegon grabbed a win over Rockford in a much anticipated matchup, 72-38. Ferris State commit Anthony Sydnor finished with 26 points and Wayne State commit Jordan Briggs notched 23 points to lead the way for the Big Reds.
- Muskegon Catholic Central defeated Muskegon Heights, 70-53. The Crusaders were able to overcome a slow start going away in this one. Chase Willer put together a big 2nd half as he would score 14 of a career high 21 points in the half adding 6 rebounds to top it off. Braden Gustin put together a career night of his own with 23 points and 10 rebounds. Hunter Schrink was big late coming away with 13 points and 8 rebound. Catholic Central will move to 2-2 to start the season.
- NorthPointe Christian defeated Potters House Christian, 64-53. Kayden Bird had a huge game for NorthPointe with 30 points on the night.
- Newaygo won in a nail biter over Kent City, 36-38. Kent City would have a nice lead at the half but the Lions would put together a balanced 2nd half to come away with the win. Kent City head coach David Ingles knows their defense will be there but that they will have to find a way to score when needed adding, “Our defense is always going to give us a shot but we need find some ways to score on the offensive end”. Jaret Jaramillo led the way for the Eagles on that side with 12 points.
- Northview cruised to a 74-32 win over Sparta. Cam Ryans (13), Terrell Jefferson (12), Brady Swartz (11), Tyran Thomas (11), and Parker Swartz (10) led a balanced attack as all scored in double figures for the Wildcats.
- Parchment went on the road to face Constantine and went back home with a 75-47 win. Jalen Kampen went off for 31 points in the game. Aaron Jasiak pitched in 15 points, and Darius Baker finished with 13. The Panthers play East Kentwood on December 27.
- Spring Lake got the best of Coopersville, 47-43.
- Wayland defeated Comstock Park, 68-52. Kaharrie Pureifoy had 20 points on the night. Brett Bultsma added 18 points. Cam Mouketou pitched in 11. Donovan Cummings led the way for the Panthers with 18 points and Easton Hood added 13.
- Zeeland West defeated Hollan Christian, 56-41. Merritt Alderink paced the Dux with 18 points and 8 rebounds. Deklen Klamt added 10 points. Luke Michmerhuizen picked up 12 points for the Maroons.