**ARTICLE BY JOSH LONGSTRETH**
DOUBLE DRIBBLE: GIRLS BASKETBALL RECAP
- Frankenmuth came away with a gutsy win over Battle Creek Lakeview at the Motor City Roundball Classic, defeating the Spartans 35-31. The Lady Eagles had a tough shooting night but were able to overcome it as Kierstyn Bully would hit a big three-pointer late to give Frankenmuth their first lead of the 2nd half. Mia McLaughlin would hit some big free throws late and a late steal from Izzy Bernthal would put the game away for the Eagles. Clare Conzelmann led Frankenmuth with 11 points. Lexi Boyke had a big game with 7 points, 15 rebounds, 6 blocks and 5 steals. Izzy Bernthal added 9 rebounds. Frankenmuth will face Swan Valley on Friday in a big early season conference matchup.
- Greenville grabbed a big win over Central Montcalm, 60-41. Megan Leslie had a big game to lead all scorers with 28 points. Maia Sexton had 16 points for the Green Hornets.
- Kent City would grind out a win over Northpointe Christian, 45-37. The Eagles would struggle on the offensive end in the 2nd half but would still hold on. Northwood commit Lexie Bowers would put together a monster game with 22 points, 8 rebounds, 4 steals and 2 blocks to lead the way for Kent City. Madelyn Geers finished with 13 points, 3 steals and 2 blocks.
- Rockford would pick up a big win at the Motor City Roundball Classic. The Rams would take down Detroit Country Day, 71-39. Rockford would actually find themselves down after one quarter of play before putting together a monster 2nd quarter to take full control of the game. They would find themselves with a 15-point lead after one half of play and dominated the 2nd half by outscoring the Yellowjackets, 35-18. Sienna Wolfe led the Rams with 21 points on the night. Anna Wypych finished with 16. Grace Lyons and Alyssa Wypych both pitched in 13 points apiece. Kayla Maclaren added 10. Freshman Jayla Jackson led Country Day with 14 points. Rockford will be back in action this coming Friday for a 6:00 tip on the road at Grand Haven.
- Greenville would finish as the Candlestone Holiday Tournament Champions, cruising to a 68-53 win over Belding. The Yellow Jackets would get off to a bit of a slow start in the 1st quarter before really turning things on. Megan Leslie put on an absolute show in this one. The Alma commit would lead Greenville with 25 points on the night. Gracelin Martin had a big game off the Yellow Jackets bench with 15 points while Alexus Dunn added 12 points.
- Kent City would pull off a thriller to become the Cornerstone silver division champs, coming from behind to grab a win over Forest Hills Central, 47-44. The Eagles would show their resilience in this one as they were down by 15 points to the Rangers at one point in the game. Lexie Bowers was big yet again to lead Kent City with 21 points on the night (4 three-pointers) and would add 7 rebounds to her effort. Madelyn Geers was big for the Eagles with 14 points and 10 rebounds.
- Lowell would grab a gutsy win over Westfield Prep at the Motor City Roundball Classic, 54-50. The Red Arrows improve to 7-0 on the season with the win. Piper Risdon had a big time game for Lowell, leading her team with 25 points wrapping up the Motor City Classic MVP award.