**ARTICLE BY SEAN MASSA**
- Montague and Orchard View square off in Week 3. Montague is coming off of a week 2 loss, 14-7, against Ravenna. Montague enters week 3 with a 1-1 record, with two 1-score games to their resume. Orchard View finds themselves entering week 2 with a 0-2 record, and their defense has struggled up to this point in the season. They have allowed 119 points in their first two games. Orchard View is seeking their first win of the season, along with changing the early reputation that the team has painted for themselves to begin the season. Montague will look to get back in the win column after a tough week 2 matchup.
- Whitehall and Alpena will continue non-league play in the season’s third week. The Whitehall offense has been firing on all cylinders to open up the 2022 season, as they have scored 95 points in the first two contests. They enter week 3 with a 2-0 record. As for their foe on the opposing side of the field, Alpena enters week 3 with a 1-1 record, following a rebound win against Marquette in week 2. After allowing 53 points to Heritage in week one, the Alpena defense rebounded well in week 2, holding Marquette to just 16. The Alpena offense will have to find a second gear in week 3 to compete with the high-powered Whitehall offense.
- Fremont and Ludington are set to be a good pairing for a matchup on Friday. The Fremont defense has been stout to start the 2022 season, allowing just 15 total points through the first two contests. Their offense has also been able to put 46 points on the board, but their defense has stolen the show early on. Both units have been playing well, and that has led to Fremont entering their week 3 matchup 2-0. Their opponents, the Ludington Orioles, find themselves also entering week 3 with an undefeated record. Coming off of an overtime thriller in week 1, they handled Shelby handily in week 2, posting a 55-7 victory. Both squads will look to defend their undefeated start in week 3, while only one can prevail. It should be a matchup that is can’t miss.
- Oakridge faces Manistee in week 3 action. Manistee enters week 3 action with an undefeated record. They have dominated on the ground this season in both of their matchups. Oakridge also enters week 3 holding an undefeated record to their names in 2022. Their offense has looked as solid as the past few season. Both teams look to leave week 3 with a victory and maintained their undefeated record, but once again only one can prevail. Week three welcomes a can’t-miss matchup between these two squads.
- North Muskegon will start WMC play against Mason County Central. Starting off 2022 with a loss in week 1, North Muskegon answered in week 2 with a 55-0 win. Mason County is entering week 3 in pursuit of their first victory in the 2022 campaign. An interesting week 3 matchup between these two teams, as North Muskegon has had both a close game and a game in which they dominated. On the other side, Mason County has been handled fairly easily by their opponents thus far, but with such a small sample size, they look to change that reputation in week 3 against a respected North Muskegon team.
- Hart faces Shelby in their week 3 matchup. Shelby has had a difficult start to 2022, as they find themselves entering this week 3 matchup with a 0-2 record. Their defense has not handled the rushing attack well thus far, and Hart will look to exploit that in week 3. Hart enters the matchup 1-1, following a rebound win against White Cloud in week 2. Shelby will look to contain Hart on the ground and earn their first victory of the 2022 campaign, as Hart will look to add another win to the win column.
- Holton is set to face Ravenna in week 3. Ravenna has seen themselves in two close matchups to begin 2022, one ending in their favor and one in the opposite. Their opponents in week 3, Holton, looks to hopefully provide more of a fight in week 3 than they have in their last two previous matchups. In weeks 1 and 2, they have allowed a total of 103 points, while their offense has scored just 6. Holton will look to give Ravenna a run for their money in week 3, as Ravenna looks to potentially have a big game in their divisional opener.
Other Week 3 Previews