**ARTICLE BY JOSH LONGSTRETH**
DOUBLE DRIBBLE: BOYS BASKETBALL REGIONAL RECAP
- Grand Rapids Christian moves on as they defeat Spring Lake, 64-39.
- Grand Rapids South Christian cruised into the Regional Final with their win over Niles, 72-33. The Sailors ran into the half with a 45-14 lead as they controlled this one from the tip. Jake DeHaan had a big night with 14 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists. Nate Brinks added 13. Carson Vis finished with 11. Jake Vermaas helped with 10 points, 9 rebounds and 6 assists. Jayson Johnson paced Niles with 11.
- Grandville Calvin Christian beat Blanchard Montabella, 80-46. The Squires continue to be dominant as they roll into the Regional Final in Division 3.
- Hamilton pulled off a thriller over Marshall, 63-62. This one was a back and forth affair for much of the night. The Hawkeyes had the ball last and would take full advantage with a tip in at the buzzer from Austin Osborne. Hamilton found themselves down 36-43 before putting together a big 4th quarter.
- Hudsonville defeated Rockford, 55-50. The Rams season comes to an end as they finish 18-8 with a District Championship in tow.
- Hudsonville Unity Christian ran past Fremont, 70-40. TJ Fisher led the Unity with 24 points on the night. Jordon McDonald finished with 15 for the Packers as their impressive post-season run comes to an end.
- Kalamazoo Central fell to East Lansing in OT, 47-51. Central finishes off a big season at 20-4 which included a District Title for the Maroon Giants.
- Kalamazoo Hackett Catholic fell to Niles Brandywine, 42-58. The Irish finish their season 18-7 and once had a stretch of 9 wins in a row to cap off a very solid season.
- Lawton came up short against Centreville, 40-55. A cold shooting night would get the best of the Blue Devils. Parker VanPeteghem led Lawton with 13 points and Luke Leighton finished off a solid high school career with 10 points.
- Muskegon rolled past East Kentwood, 68-48. Anthony Sydnor led the Big Reds with 18 points on the night. David Day added 13. Jordan Briggs finished with 12. The Falcons were led by Jamell Hatchett with 17. Landon Storms and Christian Humphrey each pitched in 8 apiece.
- North Muskegon battled throughout but would fall in the end to Pewamo Westphalia, 46-49. The Norse finish what was a great season for their program by going 19-5 and winning their 3rd District Title in a row. Jaxon Lisinski led North Muskegon with 19 points. Troy McManus added 7 points and 10 rebounds. Jamison Ecklund led the Pirates by putting up 29 points on the night. Grady Ecklund finished with 11 points.
- Wyoming Unity Christian defeated Baldwin, 79-36.
- Grandville Calvin Christian had their season derailed on a buzzer beater, falling to Pewamo-Westphalia 61-63. The Squires end another big season for their program as they finish 24-2 on the year.
- Hudsonville Unity Christian knocks off Grand Rapids Christian, 58-56. The Crusaders advance to the Quarterfinals on Tuesday when they take on South Christian at South Christian.
- Muskegon wins Regionals and advances to the Quarterfinals after defeating Hudsonville, 63-36. The Big Reds were led by Jordan Briggs with 18 points. David Day III and James Martin each added 9 points apiece. The Eagles were led by Mason Dykstra with 10 points. Muskegon grabbed complete control of the game in the 3rd quarter when they held Hudsonville to just 4 points in the quarter. The Big Reds will take on East Lansing in the Quarterfinals on Tuesday in Caledonia.
- South Christian rolls past Hamilton, 82-47. Jake Vermass (28 points) and JakeDeHaan (24 points) both had big nights to lead the Sailors. South Christian takes their first Regional Title since 2019 with the win as they improve to 23-3 on the season. Hamiltons season will come to an end at 22-4. The Hawkeyes were led by Justin McIlwain with 14. The Sailors take on Hudsonville Unity Christian on Tuesday.
- Wyoming Unity Christian rolls their way into the Division 4 Quarterfinals by knocking off Lansing Christian, 62-44. They will take on Kalamazoo Phoenix on Tuesday in Gull Lake.