The snow once again affected the schedule in West Michigan boys’ basketball on Tuesday night, but there was still a heavy dose of action. Catholic Central Cougar fans were treated to a break from the cold weather with a hot shooting effort by Coach Meerman’s team. They dismantled Sparta in a 79-20 blowout that headlines the action around the area.
GR Catholic Central 79 Sparta 20
Grand Rapids Christian 60 Forest Hills Eastern 57
Allendale 51 West Catholic 24
In a OK Blue battle between teams that looked close on paper, the Falcons dominated the Falcons. That is now three straight wins for Allendale, which puts them a half game out of second in the packed middle tier of the OK Blue.
Hamilton 64 Byron Center 57
Coopersville 71 Comstock Park 69 (OT)
Forest Hills Northern 73 Forest Hills Central 65
The Huskies improve to 13-0 on the season with their closest game since the season opener. The rival Rangers put up a great fight that showed that they will be a true player in the district round. A full recap can be found here on our site.
Kenowa Hills 60 Grand Rapids Union 50
Greenville 69 Ottawa Hills 58
Wyoming Lee 42 Belding 36
Grand Haven 65 Caledonia 52
The Scots made the long trek to Grand Haven to take on the Buccaneers in OK Red action. Caledonia took an early lead in this one, but it would not last. This game was well out of hand before a triple-technical on Grand Haven (including a player ejection) resulted in some late free throws for Caledonia to draw the final margin to thirteen.
Muskegon 79 Mona Shores 49
Former Mona Shores player Jarvis Walker made his debut for the Big Reds tonight in OK Black action. He showed his immediate impact as he led them in offense with 21 points. On the Sailors side, James Gilbert matched him with 21 points. This dominant performance was in front of Michigan football head Coach Jim Harbaugh, who was in attendance to watch Michigan Mr. Football Cameron Martinez, who recently earned a scholarship offer to both Michigan and Michigan State.
Reeths-Puffer 59 Spring Lake 40
East Grand Rapids 54 Wyoming 43
South Christian 55 Wayland 41
In a OK Gold rivalry game between two teams on the brink of the Remax-United Power Poll, the Sailors proved their case in a big way. This was a fantastic road win for South Christian, who has now won five straight games. Their momentum continues to build, including that impressive win this past Saturday night against Grand Rapids Catholic Central. They remain two games back of GR Christian in the Gold, with a huge game against Forest Hills Eastern on Friday night.
Unity Christian 57 Zeeland West 52
Cedar Springs 52 Lowell 42
WHAT’S ON TAP?
The weather once again has gifted us with another day of basketball action. There are games now scheduled on Wednesday, as well as Friday and Saturday this week. The MSR team will be on the call for a handful of games throughout the area, as you can see below.
- Holland Christian (8-2) vs Holland (6-5), 7:00 PM
- Hudsonville (9-2) vs Rockford (9-2), 7:00 PM ***MSR LIVE BROADCAST***
- Allendale (7-4) vs Coopersville (6-5), 6:00 PM
- Byron Center (2-9) vs Zeeland West (8-3), 6:00 PM
- Caledonia (4-7) vs Grandville (4-6), 6:00 PM
- Cedar Springs (3-9) vs Greenville (4-8), 5:30 PM
- Fruitport (2-8) vs Muskegon (7-3), 6:00 PM
- Grand Haven (8-3) vs East Kentwood (6-5), 6:00 PM
- Grand Rapids Catholic Central (10-2) vs Spring Lake (4-9), 6:00 PM
- Covenant Christian (5-7) vs Northpointe Christian (4-5), 7:00 PM
- Forest Hills Central (7-4) vs East Grand Rapids (6-6), 5:30 PM
- Forest Hills Northern (13-0) vs Northview (9-2), 5:30 PM ***MSR LIVE BROADCAST***
- Kenowa Hills (7-3) vs Reeths-Puffer (12-1), 6:00 PM
- South Christian (8-3) vs Forest Hills Eastern (6-6), 6:00 PM ***MSR LIVE BROADCAST***
- West Catholic (7-5) vs Comstock Park (4-7), 6:00 PM
- Calvin Christian (4-5) vs Godwin Heights (8-5), 7:30 PM
- Holland Christian (8-2) vs Zeeland East (1-10), 6:00 PM
- Hopkins (7-3) vs Belding (1-10), 6:00 PM
- Hudsonville (9-2) vs West Ottawa (4-6), 6:00 PM
- Unity Christian (9-2) vs Hamilton (6-6), 6:00 PM
- Jenison (3-8) vs Mona Shores (2-9), 7:30 PM
- Lowell (3-7) vs Ottawa Hills (1-9), 5:30 PM
- Wayland Union (8-4) vs Grand Rapids Christian (10-1), 7:30 PM
- Wyoming (4-7) vs Middleville (1-10), 6:00 PM
- Tri-unity Christian (8-3) vs Kelloggsville (3-7), 7:30 PM
- Belleville (6-4) vs Muskegon (7-3), 7:40 PM
- Grand Rapids Ottawa Hills (1-9) vs Traverse City Central (8-4), 11:00 AM
- Haslett (8-3) vs Grand Rapids Union (7-4), 1:00 PM at Detroit Country Day