Photo courtesy of Louis Murray

Check out lots of photos from the game here:

Throughout the course of the regular season, the Lowell Red Arrows were seldom challenged. One of the few games that they struggled with was their contest against the Rangers. Forest Hills Central led throughout a majority of that contest, before Lowell scored an eventual go-ahead touchdown to win. Tonight, these OK White foes met in the Division 2 Regional Finals, where Lowell looked to make their second straight trip to the semifinals, while Forest Hills Central looked to get there for the first time since 1995. This game mirrored a lot of the same traits as the first matchup as the Rangers gave Lowell all they could handle, before ultimately falling short 22-19.

Lowell struck first as quarterback David Kruse ran 41 yards for a touchdown, yet the unsuccessful point after left the Red Arrows up 6-0. Forest Hills Central responded quickly as Tanner Hallock hit Bryce Clay for a twenty-five yard touchdown to put the Rangers up 7-6.

Kruse responded with a two yard carry, his second rushing touchdown of the game, and Lowell sprung back in front 12-7 after their second two-point try was unsuccessful. After a Lowell field goal, Forest Hills Central responded with another Hallock touchdown pass as he found Sal Sidebotham. Entering the locker rooms for halftime at Bob Perry Field, Lowell held a slim 15-13 margin.

On the first drive of the second half, the Rangers got the football and Hallock marched the Rangers down the field before he used his arm to find Jack Uecker for a nine-yard touchdown pass, putting the Rangers out in front 19-15. The Rangers held this lead into the fourth quarter, placing them a quarter away from the semifinals.

The Red Arrows wasted no time in the final quarter to take the lead back, as David Kruse used his legs to find the end zone for the third time on the night to put Lowell out in front with a 22-19 lead. The Rangers had multiple chances in the fourth quarter, as they threw an interception in the red zone, and also fumbled in plus territory. By holding on for a three-point win, Lowell advances to the state semifinals for the second straight season. They will face the winner of Fenton and Walled Lake Western, two teams who face off Saturday at 1:00 PM. The time, date and location of next weekend’s semifinal will be announced no later than Monday. The game will be broadcast LIVE on MSR next week.


TimeScoreScoring Play
1Q 10:11LOW 6-0D.Kruse 41yd carry. (XP Failed)
1Q 9:13FHC 7-6Hallock 25yd pass to Clay. (XP Good)
1Q 4:41LOW 12-7D.Kruse 2yd carry. (2PT Failed)
2Q 6:28LOW 15-7Made FG.
2Q 4:29LOW 15-13Hallock 3yd pass to Sidebotham. (2PT Failed)
3Q 10:08FHC 19-15Hallock 9yd pass to Uecker. (2PT Failed)
4Q 11:54LOW 22-19D.Kruse 16yd carry. (XP Good)